This car is an unmolested, unrestored, TRUE BARN FIND showing only 7,912 original miles when it was purchased from the original owner last year. Every single item on the car was factory original when I purchased it. Even the tires were original. The car had been sitting under blankets in a barn for over thirty years when it was found.
I spent countless hours cleaning the car and doing little things to get it running and driving. Original parts that were removed will go to the new owner. Here’s a detailed description of the car along with a list of parts that were replaced:
1. The undercarriage: The gas tank, sending unit, fuel line hoses, and tail pipe were replaced. Everything else under the car is original. I have resisted the temptation to detail the underside of the car. All the undercoating is factory and nothing has been cleaned or painted.
2. The passenger compartment: The interior looks like new. The carpet and the dealership applied floor mats cleaned up nicely. All of the vinyl and plastic trim panels are mint. The dash pad is gorgeous. Even the convertible well liner is flawless! The only thing changed inside the car was the stuffing in the back seat bottom. Mice had feasted on it.
3. The engine compartment: The distributor, ignition coil, and spark plugs are new, and the originals are included with the sale. Same for the oil, air, and fuel filters.The carbon canister hose and heat riser hose for the air cleaner snorkel are new. The battery is new. The carburetor was rebuilt. All the other engine components, like the water pump, fuel pump, and power steering pump are original. Even the distributor cap, spark plug wires, drive belts, and heater hoses are factory originals!
4. The trunk compartment: The spare tire, jack, and lug wrench are original, as are the top boot and bag. All of the trunk spatter paint is original.
5. The body: In perfect condition except for a couple of rust holes under the deck lid that are covered by yellow duct tape. A new reproduction deck lid is included with the sale. Here’s a video (left click and highlight the link, then right click on it and left click “open link”):
6. The paint: There were chips, mostly on the lower part of the body, that needed to be treated and touched up. Small spots of corrosion on pot metal pieces like the side view mirrors and the fender extensions needed to be touched up as well. The paint under the hood has little rust spots. Overall, the paint presents extremely well for being fifty years old.
7. The wheels and tires: Coker reproduction tires are mounted on the car, and the original tires are included in the sale.
8. The glass: All original and flawless except for a tiny 3 mm chip in the windshield. You won’t find nicer glass on a fifty year old car. I don’t think the windshield wipers were ever used and you won’t see even one linear scratch on the side glass from going up and down.
9. The top: All original and in mint condition inside and out except for a two inch tear at the base that was repaired with 3M Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.
10. The weatherstrip: Flawless. Soft and supple with no dry rot.
11. The electrical: The wiring harnesses, head lamps, fuses, voltage regulator, starter solenoid, starter, alternator, battery cables, and all other switches and electrical components are original and work perfectly.
12. The stainless and chrome work: All original. Minor pitting on the door handles and rear bumper. All the stainless is nice and shiny without dings or scratches.
Here is a cold start video of the car (left click and highlight the link, then right click on it and left click “open link”):
The car comes with a treasure trove of original documentation, including the dealership sales invoice, receipts for the cash deposit and balance paid on the car, the window sticker, Eminger invoice, factory literature, three build sheets, as well as receipts for the dealership purchased floor mats and rust proofing. Two sets of keys are included, along with the original “Wade Ford” key chain and a laminated Wade Ford match book cover.
Titles are not issued in Alabama on cars this old, but the car is registered in my name and that registration along with a Bill of Sale is all that is needed to get this car titled in any other state.I require bank wire for final payment after a
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: mustanger2002
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States